"Well-behaved women seldom make history."
- Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Monday 16 March 2015

How I met my yakuza friend

Someone asked me what was the most unexpected thing for me during my stay in Japan. Well, I never thought I became a friend of a yakuza. We all hear the stories about them but get close to them is a different story. Even Japan is more and more open, their world is still closed from Westerners.
But let's start at the beginning. I was in Japan a year ago, in Yokohama. (There are another post about the work there, here I don't want to repeat myself.) He arrived at the club as a normal-looking customer with a friend of his. He requested me and I didn't suspect anything besides he was a tough-looking guy. We were chatting, joking and I was impressed because he spoke quite good English and we could hold an interesting conversation about Japanese culture, not the usual “Kiss me!” or “What colour is your panties?” We were talking about samurais and the old days of Japan.



If you'd like to read my stories, please visit my website.

No comments:

Post a Comment