"Well-behaved women seldom make history."
- Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Tuesday 28 April 2015

Workplace hazards in the stripping industry

I don't want to mention again the alcohol-human stupidity combination here, I wrote enough about this one. But there are other hazards there, Some you might not think about that can cause an issue. For example the ability of smoking inside the club. Yes, there are clubs in Europe where people can smoke. Smoker dancers are very happy about it. But what about the non-smokers? It happened not only once when the club was busy and the stage is higher than the tables, but I was also in tears during my performance because of the too much smoke inside. I mean the smoke of the cigarette, not complaining about the smoke machine! I remember after the Dorsia in Antwerp I got home, opened my suitcase and it smelled like an ashtray! All my clothes took the smell of cigarettes. There the Fridays-Saturdays were killer. The club worked with a full house on the weekends, once I even lost my voice because of the smoke. Too loud music also has good benefits for health.


To read more, check out my website.

No comments:

Post a Comment